NavigationCSR Home Page
We adopted the beautiful puppy 6 month old Amos at the same time we took sisters Amy and Annie in January 2010. He immediately took over the house with his boundless energy and lots of kisses and attention grabbing antics. He was the life of the party at the house and always had something in his mouth and wanted to chase and play with everyone. He had the run of a great yard with doggie door that he always hit with gusto every time we came in the door. He would run outside and from tree to tree and then come bursting back in to tell us the yard was safe of all birds and squirrels.
On August 5th we left at 11:00 a.m. for the airport to pick up relatives. When we returned at 3:00 we found Amos lethargic and salivating heavily. We rushed him to hospital where he stabilized and was in urgent care overnight but succumbed to liver failure the next morning at 7:00, later determined to be plant toxin (like sago palm, none on the property) and still have no idea what it was. Amos was allergic to everything and he was on special diet and meds to control allergies.
He was a special puppy and we loved him dearly and miss him even more. Even though he was with us for a few months he lived the life of riley while he was here and we miss the sound of the ringing doggie door and his vivacious barks every time we come in the door.